Thursday, October 5, 2017

TBT (Throwback Thursday) - Family History Month

This is one of my favorite pictures. I am proudly standing on the lawn of what was then called Southern Connecticut State College. No idea who took the photo, probably my best friend, Doreen.

It was some point in 1973 during my freshman year. I was 18. It's tough to tell, but those are indeed platform shoes! Not just your everyday platforms though. These were green, yellow and red patent leather. I was a college girl, so I toned down the outfit I usually wore with those shoes. Swap out the yellow socks for a pair with green, red and yellow stripes. Then switch the skirt for a pair of hot pants made (by me) from one yard of emerald green polyester. Sure wish I had a picture of that outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment