Sunday, October 1, 2017

It's Family History Month!!

October is a pretty good month. It starts out with my baby brother's birthday on the 1st, our adorable granddaughter's birthday smack-dab in the middle (shared with my best friend from high school - we've been friends for more than 47 years!!), and ends with one of my favorite holidays. There's also the birthdays of my big brother, one of my hilarious nephews, and my grandmother, who's been gone for 45 years.

It's also bulk pick-up month in our town. Today I decided to tackle one of the upstairs closets to see what I could toss out. I did get rid of a bunch of stuff, but I also found some long-forgotten items. One of them, the painting posted below, got me thinking about this blog which has been pretty neglected of late, I decided I would try to resurrect it, at least for this month which is Family History Month.

I am going to try to post something every day this month, even if it's just a funny cartoon or a period. (I love my nephew- when he traveled a few years back, his mom begged him to stay in touch. He did as requested. He texted her a period. Yup, just the punctuation mark 😁!)

You can help me too. If you have a question about someone/something in our family or just a general genealogy question, let me know. If I don't know the answer, I'll try to find out.


Peggy's Reverse Painting - The Owl



Many years ago, at least 25, my sister-in-law Peggy Ross gave this painting to us. Peg painted this on the reverse side of a piece of Plexiglass which she backed with burlap.It hung in our children's bedroom when they were small and then eventually found its way to the back of the closet. As of today, it hangs proudly in our upstairs hallway.


What pictures do you have hidden away? If you're not going to hang them, at least take photos so the memory can still be enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, such good advice! Share digital images so family members can all enjoy the memories. Handsome owl, too.

    ReplyDelete