Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Sharing My Master Toolbox

I did it!! I made a commitment to post every day for Family History Month and actually achieved it! As my final post this month, I want to share my Master Toolbox with you. Click on the link to open and view.

Several years ago I participated in Thomas MacEntee's Genealogy Do-Over. One of the tasks was to create a "Master Toolbox" of sites that I use frequently. Yes, I could add those sites as bookmarks. Yes, I could organize the bookmarks by category. But, I never do.

Here's a small screenshot:



Truthfully, I haven't added to this list in a while. I probably should review it for sites that have closed and/or changed their links as well. The spreadsheet that resides on my personal computer also contains the username/password combos, which is pretty helpful. The other nice thing is I can share this list with others.

I enjoyed this past month and hope you did too. Pretty certain I won't continue posting every day but I will try to post at least once a month. Now - back to my writing projects!! See you soon!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Deborah, for inspiring me to post every day just as you did. I doubt I'll keep up this pace, but it was a good challenge and an opportunity. And thanks for sharing your master toolkit as well.

    ReplyDelete