Wednesday, February 14, 2018

52 Ancestors - #7 - Valentine's Day Cards

Just a short post - been a very busy week!! Valentine's Day is not one of my favorite holidays. I feel it's best suited for "young" love and kids!! So - I struggled with what to post for this week's 52 Ancestor challenge. I decided to share the first Valentine's Day cards I ever got - and the last one I received from my mom.

It should be noted that these cards traveled a very long way to get to me - my parents and I were living in Japan on a US Naval base in 1955. Also notable is that, on my 1st Valentine's Day, I was a mere 5 days old - my birthday is February 9th!

My first Valentine from my maternal grandparents - Rose and Paul Lichtenthal


My first Valentine from my paternal grandparents.
Hortense and Edgar Samuel
This is what the card looks like with the little feet folded up.
Cute, right?

The last Valentine I got from my mom, Doris Lichtenthal Falcone.
February 14, 2011



1 comment: